Employee Express is an innovative automated system that empowers Federal employees to initiate the processing of their discretionary personnel-payroll transactions electronically. The Employee Express Web site complies with the requirements of Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act Amendments of 1998 (29 U.S.C. 794) and the accessibility standards issued by the Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board.
WHY USE EMPLOYEE EXPRESS?
- Saves time - Employee Express eliminates the need for completing and submitting forms by replacing them with user-friendly technology.
- Convenient - You can access Employee Express anytime, 24 hours a day (with the exception of the Eastern Time update processing), seven days a week, to process changes or to review current information.
- Reliable - Employee Express has enhanced procedural checks for accuracy which are not available when using paper forms.
HOW IS EMPLOYEE EXPRESS ACCESSED?
Employee Express can be accessed through the Internet. Contact your agency's servicing personnel-payroll office to find out how Employee Express can be accessed.
WHEN IS EMPLOYEE EXPRESS AVAILABLE?
Employee Express is available anytime, 24-hours a day (with the exception of the Eastern Time update processing), seven days a week.
WHAT INFORMATION IS NEEDED TO USE EMPLOYEE EXPRESS?
In order to access Employee Express, you need your Login ID and Employee Express Password. Please be sure to use your Employee Express Password, not your TSP Password. Depending on the transaction, you may need additional information. Employee Express or your servicing personnel-payroll office can assist you.
HOW SAFE IS THE SYSTEM?
The unique combination of Login ID and Password needed to access Employee Express makes it as secure as using an ATM.
IS ANY ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE WHEN USING EMPLOYEE EXPRESS?
Online Help information is always available when using Employee Express. You may contact the Help Desk via e-mail at EEXHELP@OPM.GOV. Questions concerning specific personnel and payroll information should be directed to your servicing personnel-payroll office.
WHAT IS THE EMPLOYEE EXPRESS HELP DESK?
The Help Desk provides the following services:
- Explains the options available and how to make your changes using Employee Express. These are: Taxes, Financial Allotments, Direct Deposit, Address Changes, Thrift Savings, Health Benefits, Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) and Password changes.
- Provides contacts for your servicing personnel or payroll office.
- Assists with Login ID and Password requests for employees of all agencies. You may also request a Login ID and Temporary Password on-line.
For ALL other personnel or payroll information please contact your servicing personnel-payroll office.
If you would like to e-mail the Help Desk, please include the following in your message:
- Your Full Name
- Your Agency's Name
- Your Phone Number
- A Brief Description of your problem
To maintain security, please DO NOT include your Social Security Number (SSN) or Password in your message.
WHAT TRANSACTIONS CAN BE PERFORMED?
A variety of discretionary personnel and payroll transactions (e.g., changes to Financial Allotments, Health Benefits, Thrift Savings Plan, Direct Deposit, Federal and State Taxes, and Home Address) can be performed. Employee Express or your servicing personnel-payroll office can provide a current list of the transactions specific to your agency.
WHEN ARE THE ACTIONS MADE EFFECTIVE?
Upon confirmation and completion of a transaction, Employee Express provides the effective date of the transaction and the latest date it should appear on your Earnings and Leave Statement.
HOW DO I KNOW THE TRANSACTION WAS PROCESSED?
You can contact your servicing personnel-payroll office. You can check the Earnings and Leave Statement you received after the effective date of the transaction.
WILL THE SYSTEM PROVIDE A PAPER CONFIRMATION OF A TRANSACTION?
In keeping with streamlining efforts and to reduce paper, Employee Express is taking advantage of existing technology and is paperless. At the end of each web transaction, you will be given an opportunity to request confirmation by e-mail. This confirmation is only to confirm that we have transmitted your action to your agency’s personnel-payroll office.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I CHANGE MY MIND?
You must use the same method you previously used to make the change, either Employee Express or the paper form but not both.